The 7th CPC called us for a meeting on 17th June on very-very short notice. Com. Anupam Neeraj, President and undersigned attended the meeting at the office of 7th CPC. This time the meeting was a common meeting with almost all other recognised Associations, working under CBEC. From 7th CPC, Justice Ashok Kumar Mathur, Chairman, Smt. Meena Agarwal, Secretary and other officers were present. From staff side, the office bearers of five Associations were submitted and discussed their demands.
We again submitted our following demands :-
· Accord Pay-Parity between Superintendent of Central Excise and the Dy. SP, CBI i.e. to place the Superintendent of Central Excise in the Grade Pay of Rs. 5400 in PB-3.
· To evaluate the Manpower requirement at short intervals
· To conduct periodic Cadre Reviews
· To strengthen the Audit & Anti Evasion mechanism considering that the entire tax control has been shifted from physical control to production based control to audit based control
· Training and incentives to staff to enable Computerization of the department in a full-fledged manner
· Abolition of Control Room duty and Uniform for Central Excise and Service Tax
· Reasonable Uniform allowance for maintaining Uniform in Customs
· To notify new recruitment rules for Central Excise Inspectors as Group ‘B’ non-gazetted officers
· Payment of Rummaging Allowance on par with Inspectors of Customs
· Payment of Local Travel Expenses (Petrol Allowance) on par with Inspectors of Income Tax
· Payment of Risk Allowance
· Parity with the CBI Inspectors w.e.f. 01.01.1996
· Same entry pay level for both the direct and promote officers